Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash pull request for code reviews

Jim Harris July 20, 2015

Hello,

Out team would like to use Stash our some other Atlassian tool to help with performing code reviews.   We currently have an antiquated method where we use a MS Word template to list defects.

It seems like Stash's pull request might be able to help with code reviews but I am unsure if it can be used for code reviews in which we need to review an entire file (not just diffs).  

We currently use the Git-flow workflow (using SourceTree) and it would be nice to perform the code review before merging to the develop branch.

Thanks,

3 answers

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2015

Hi Jim,

In fact you can't add comments to the full source view, as this view goes outside the pull request. With my previous response I meant you should be able to see the full source within the pull request. You can achieve this by:

• Using the Side-by-side diff (click in the ... ellipsis button > Side-by-side diff)
  • With the Unified Diff view, scroll to the bottom of your code and right below the last line you can click to expand the code.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Jim Harris July 21, 2015

Hi Gustavo,

It didn't appear that I could add comments to file when I am in 'full source' view.  Only when showing diffs.  Is there a way to allow comments for 'full source' view?

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2015

Hi Jim,

I seems Stash can deliver what you are expecting, as using the Pull Requests you can see not just the diffs, but actually the entire content of the file. Stash will just highlight the differences.

This review will be done prior to merging then, after your code is reviewed, you can merge your code using the Merge feature included in the Pull Request. Please check Using pull requests in Stash for further details.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events