Stash on Solaris

Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

Although Stash is not officially supported on Solaris, I know there must be people out there using it on Solaris based on some of the troubleshooting tips in the Stash Knowledge Base.

Does anyone have any information or tips on what's required to get it running?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

I've created a suggestion on JIRA. Hopefully, these two things can be fixed so running out of the box on Solaris doesn't require noodling around in shell scripts.

0 votes
Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2014

Solution to the syntax error? Just make sure you're not using IBM Java (which probably would be hard to do on Solaris anyway) and Java > 6, then comment out lines 41-58 of permgen.sh.

0 votes
Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2014

To fix that issue, you need to change 6 places grep is called in {{setenv.sh}} to use {{/usr/sfw/bin/ggrep}} (or possibly change your path and/or set an alias). Next problem is:

To run Stash in the foreground, start the server with start-stash.sh -fg
Starting Atlassian Stash as current user

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stash is being run with a umask that contains potentially unsafe settings.
The following issues were found with the mask "" (0022):
 - access is allowed to 'others'. It is recommended that 'others' be denied
   all access for security reasons.
The recommended umask for Stash is "u=,g=w,o=rwx" (0027) and can be
configured in setenv.sh
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detecting JVM PermGen support...
./catalina.sh: syntax error at line 43: `VERSION_FULL=$' unexpected

Not sure what's causing this. Delving in now.

0 votes
Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2014

Specifically, and also because I don't know of any better place to poll the audience, here's my issues so far:

On trying to start Stash on Solaris 10, I get the following error:

To run Stash in the foreground, start the server with start-stash.sh -fg
Starting Atlassian Stash as current user
grep: illegal option -- q
Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .
grep: illegal option -- q
Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .
Detecting JVM PermGen support...
./catalina.sh: syntax error at line 43: `VERSION_FULL=$' unexpected

Now, I'm assuming this is a SysV grep vs. GNU grep issue, but why is grep necessary to run Stash?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events