I was attempting to set up stash to use SSL (following the directions found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Securing+Stash+with+Tomcat+using+SSL). Before today stash has been up and running for 2 months with no issues.
After searching through my system, I made 2 changes: server.xml and creating a key through the java keytool.
For server.xml, first I copied server.xml into server-backup.xml, then made changes to server.xml. Then I ran the java keytool to create a self-signed certificate using the instructions on the page. After stopping stash and re-starting it, I was then unable to access the stash web-page. I gave it a few minutes and tried again. Then I checked service atlstash status, and it told me "Stash is not running".
I then rolled back my changes (changed server-backup.xml back to server.xml, and deleted the key made by the java keytool), and rebooted the server. After the server came back online, I then ran "service atlstash start" and it did its usual pop-up script. Then running "service atlstash status" I get "Stash is not running". I've tried restarting both the server and stash again, but stash now won't start.
What can I do to get this back up and running again?
Edit: Further details after researching into the issue
From "opt/atlassian/stash/3.8.0/logs/catalina.out" the last few lines have all contained variations of:
/opt/atlassian/stash/3.8.0/bin/catalina.sh: line 399: /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk-126.96.36.199-0.b16.el6_6.x86_64/jre/bin/bin/java: No such file or directory
note that I have 12 different versions of java in the folder "/usr/lib/jvm", and at this point I have tried setting the java home directory as each and every single one of them. I've also checked that in each of them, there is a file named java. So I don't know why it can't detect any of these when that data is there for it to see. I have also tried restarting the server, or just restarting my connection each time that I change the java home directory. So at least my problem has been narrowed down, but I still don't know how to fix it.
The problem seems to be related to this section of the error message .../jre/bin/bin/java. My guess is that you are exporting JAVA_HOME and including the bin folder, the JAVA_HOME variable should contain the path to your JDK and not the bin folder. In your case try exporting JAVA_HOME like this:
Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot