Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash license exceeded when stash-user count matches license

Miles Jordan September 8, 2013

Under JIRA and Confluence, the only people that count towards your license are those that are in your jira-users or confluence-users group. Why is the same not applicable to stash-users?

I have a 10 user license which uses active directory. The only people that can log into my stash instance are those in the stash-users group. There are 10 people in that group, however it looks like stash is considering that my entire active directory can log in, because it tells me that my license is exceeded.

How can I allow only my 10 users to have access while still allowing them to authenticate via active directory?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Miles Jordan September 8, 2013

The answer is that the number of users that count towards your license are the total number that exist in all of your local groups. I have another group set up called stash-project-administrators which had another user in it, and that made the total number of users counting towards the license eleven.

I think this is different to how JIRA and Confluence work.

Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2013

Hi Miles,

Stash should only count that group if you've granted some global permission to it (sys admin, admin, project creator, or Stash user). Those permissions cascade downwards so all of them can log in.

Cheers,
Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events