Stash installer stuck on Windows 2003

Diego Barros October 28, 2014

I am trying to install Stash 3.4.0 on a Windows 2003 machine; the setup gets to what seems like the end (with a full progress bar), but it sits on "Extracting files ..." and doesn't do anything else. It has been like this for over 20 minutes.

I had a previous install of Stash on this machine. But I uninstalled before doing this 3.4.0 install. I did take the previous Stash Data directory and pointed the 3.4.0 install to that. One thing I did notice was that the installer complained about there being a Stash service being around. Although, I did manually delete the service with 'sc delete atlassianstash' before continuing. 

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? The error logs are empty.

5 answers

2 votes
Brent P
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

There's a note on the Stash upgrade guide about this:

If upgrading from a previous version of Stash where the Stash home directory is owned by a local user, the ownership of all files will be updated to  atlstash . Please allow sufficient time for the installer to complete this process (it  could take up to 30 minutes).

It sounds like you were using an existing home directory.  Perhaps the ownership change is what caused the slow install.

Aleksey Misyuk November 14, 2015

@Brent Plump, Stash 3.0 has been updating to BitBucket 4.1.0 for 24 hours already. Could you please tell me how to speed up the installation.

Brent P
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2015

@Aleksey Misyuk - It's difficult to tell without more information. Could you please raise a support request so we can confidentially gather information about your system and log files, etc https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/24

0 votes
Raj April 6, 2016

do we have fix this issue ?

I´m running Bitbucket 4.4.1 on windows 2003 server and I ran into the same issue, it took even more than 30mins about 1hr and finally tried to cancel but did the hard way.

1. cancelled the setup wizard,
  2. Installation directory and the home directory where already created not sure,if it was full installation. So deleted manually.
  3. Under  "services" I saw the altbitbucket account created of course not started and didnt delete it.
  4. I downloaded 4.5.1 and did run the setup wizard and the wizard hangs again, its bit annoying at the moment.

Any suggestions I appreciate.

Brent P
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2016

It's difficult to tell without more information. Could you please raise a support request so we can confidentially gather information about your system and log files, etc?

https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/24

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2015

Just for information: I ran into the same problem - but within other environment.

• Win2008 Server R2
  • Upgrading from Bitbucket Server 4.0.3 (MSI-Installation) to 4.1.3 (MSI-Installation)

Upgrade process lasts for more than 30min and finished successfully

0 votes
Alexander Ting April 27, 2015

I have the same issue as you, its been an hour now and still stuck on "Extracting Files ...". Will try to leave it longer and see what happens.

0 votes
Diego Barros October 28, 2014

OK, so after over 30 minutes of sitting on the "Extracting Files..." stage, it completed. Let's see how it goes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events