Stash doesn't show the most recent build status

Deleted user September 18, 2013

Hi!

The build in Stash doesn't show the most recent build result:

I use TeamCity as CI with a plugin that uses the build status API from stash. In TeamCity I have a "Pull Requests" build which builds refs/pull-requests/*/from and refs/pull-requests/*/merge-clean.

Do I build the wrong branches? In case of a pull request, which branch does Stash look at to define the build status?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

Hi Alain,

So that screenshot was taken from the commits list (maybe on the PR). In which case the build has associated itself with that changeset correctly? How do you mean it doesn't have the latest - were you expecting a different result, which seems a little strange given that building from the same commit should have the exact same result? Or are you seeing another commit that doesn't have any status at all?

The branch would have been the 'from' branch - you won't ever see the merge-clean commits from the Stash UI. Stash will also use the 'from' branch (ie the most recent commit) to display the build status on the overview page.

Apologies, I know that probably doesn't help - I might need a little more information.

Charles

PS. Alternatively, you're not talking about the red icon on the commits list are you? We try and pick the most 'important' aggregate status. So if you have a failed build, any failed build, it will always show red. In that case you would need to fix the WPPR-25 build before the PR goes green.

0 votes
Deleted user September 18, 2013

Hi Charles,

Actually I was speaking about the red icon ;-)

In my case the build was red because of a configuration error in TeamCity. So I fixed the configuration issue in TeamCity and ran the build again. After that it was green and I was expecting a green build icon in Stash too.

But as you said, a commit shoud always have the same build result so it's not too bad. Now that my build configuration is working it should be ok.

Thanks for your quick answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events