cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash disable read for repository

Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

We have a team with write permission for Stash project (and this team has several repositories). In this project, there is one particular repo with confidential data and password hash algorithms. Because of compliance issues that repo should be visible only to two developers, listed by name.

Project has default "No Access policy" and "write policy" for a developer team. Repository has disclosed list of devs (with read and write access) in repository permissions. Unfortunately anyone with write and read permissions for the project is able to see this particular repository content.

Is there a way to restrict an access to this repository?

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

Hi Matt,

I'm afraid our permissions are strictly additive in that you can only grant more permissions to something. You can't add restrictions.

My suggestion would be to create a new project with just that repository and only grant the two developers access. Is that feasible? Either that or add permissions to the developer team to each repository, rather than the project, but I can imagine that will far more cumbersome to administer.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events