Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash daily report - Commits info

RobertB July 16, 2013

I would like to create a daily report for each Stash repository that specifies which files each developer has committed to a Stash Git repository.

It might be formatted like:

Committor Timestamp Files (added or modified)

------------- ------------- ------------------------------------

What is the best way to go about acquiring that information from Stash?

I played around with the Stash REST API and was able to get contributor commit data; but, I have not figured out how to get the files that were part of a commit.

Q. Given a commit SHA, how can you find the files contained within a commit via the Stash REST API? Or, some other way?

BTW, to get the commit information, I have done the following:

curl -u user:password -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://stash.mycompany.com/rest/api/1.0/projects/TES/repos/frm4/commits/bc85af83645141449e34697e5d1c0405d939b6d8 > c:\json-commit.out

But, not sure how to determine the committed files in the JSON output.

Thanks,

Bob

3 answers

0 votes
Prince Chauhan August 7, 2015

Any way to get number of commit in a day using Stash REST api ?

0 votes
RobertB July 17, 2013

Thanks Charles. That worked.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Hi Bob,

You can get the files by doing:

curl -u user:password -X GET http://host:/port/rest/api/latest/projects/STASH/repos/stash/changes?since=bc85af83645141449e34697e5d1c0405d939b6d8^&until=bc85af83645141449e34697e5d1c0405d939b6d8&start=0&limit=1000

Note that if you only have the current hash you can append '~' to the end for the since which means 'one commit before' (or ~~ for two etc).

The other alternative would be to write the scripts in Git, by cloning and then doing incremental fetches.

I hope that helps.

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events