Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash creates user in Internal User Directory instead of JIRA Server with public sign-up

Richard Saffell June 10, 2015

We have JIRA, Confluence, and Stash running in our environment.  Confluence and Stash are both configured to use the JIRA User Server first, and then the local user directory.

With Confluence, when a user signs-up with the Public sign-up the user is created in the JIRA User Service.

But with Stash, the user is created in the Stash User Directory instead of the JIRA Server, even though the JIRA Server is first in the User Directories list.

I can't find any options or settings concerning where to create the user.  We obviously want all users to be created in JIRA so that we can grant permissions across all of our Atlassian products.  What am I missing concerning Stash and the public sign-up process?

2 answers

2 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi,

Stash has read only ability into any external directory, which includes JIRA, Crowd and LDAP, so there is no functionality that will allow you to do a public signup in Stash and have that user added to JIRA.

The user is in fact added to the Stash internal directory as the public sign up enabled in Stash is meant to add users to Stash's directory. In order to have your users created in JIRA the only option is to create the users in JIRA first, then synchronize them into Stash.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

I think if you change the order of the user directories on the User Directories admin page (http://<stash server>/plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/directories/list ) so that the JIRA comes before the Stash internal directory, it will crate the users there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events