Stash config file missing

Milan Jesudasan November 27, 2013

Hi ,

I just installed Stash 2.9.3 and I cannot locate the stash-config.properties file anywhere on the server.

It's installed on a Windows 2012 box and running as a service using a local account.

The reason I am trying to locate the file is because I am unable to get Stash connected to a MS SQL database. It keeps on saying "The configuration entered is not valid..." although I have confirmed the details are correct using a .udl file. So I was going to manually enter it in the file. At the moment it's running on an INTERNAL database.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2013

Hi Milan,

The stash-config.properties file isn't created until it is needed, but you can manually create it if you need. Just put it in STASH_HOME/stash-config.properties.

Here's sample content from a mysql connection:

jdbc.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mysql_stash?autoReconnect=true&characterEncoding=utf8&useUnicode=true&sessionVariables=storage_engine%3DInnoDB
jdbc.user=stash
jdbc.password=stash

Cheers,

Michael

Milan Jesudasan November 27, 2013

Hi Michael,

That worked, I was able to get it connected to the database by entering the details in the config file.

Thanks for your help.

Milan

0 votes
Milan Jesudasan December 17, 2013

Create a blank text file and just rename it to test.udl

0 votes
Sue December 17, 2013

Any advise?

0 votes
Sue December 17, 2013

How to get the .udl file?

Suggest an answer