Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash commit notifications to fisheye/stash

William Davey November 16, 2014

We're currently using Stash 3.3 and have recently upgraded our fisheye/crucible server from 3.1.8 to 3.6.1 in the hope of getting the OAuth integration working between Stash and Fisheye to allow commit updates to be automatically pushed from Stash.

The upgrade went smoothly (thank you Atlassian) and the OAuth Application Link between the two servers has been setup. From within Fisheye/Crucible we're able to see all the repositories that are in Stash and add them. Our existing repositories that were in Fisheye/Crucible show that they have been 'ADDED' via the 'Stash' tab in the Repositories section of the administration tools. Despite this commit updates are still only happening when our hourly poll occurs so it seems the Stash notifications as advertiesed (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Integrating+FishEye+with+Stash) are not happening.

All documentation around the integration simply say it should just work once the Application Link is setup.

I've looked through Stash and on the Administrator account profile it shows 'FishEye and Crucible' as being authorized applications at around the time I enabled the OAuth between the two apps.

Has anyone else had any issues similar to this? Could it be something to do with the repositories existing prior to the OAuth link being created or have I missed something else entirely? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Davey November 17, 2014

After contacting Atlassian support we were suggested to install Applinks Diagnostics Plugin on both our Stash and FishEye/Crucible services and perform the diagnostic tests.

The test revealed an authentication issue. Removing the OAuth link and recreating it on both the FE/CRU and Stash ends and then approving the authentication on both ends resolved the issue.

I assume that reconfiguring an OAuth application link after upgrading out FishEye/Crucible instance didn't create the link properly. It would be nice to have this kinda diagnostic check performed during the linking and reconfiguring of apps.

Very happy to have this resolved. Thank you Atlassian Support. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events