Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash code review

Deleted user August 14, 2013

Is there going to be an enhancement on this part to allow code review not only for just pull requests?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 15, 2013

Charles thanks for the reply. Specifically I am looking for similar feature found in GitLab, where you can comment any change of any commit at any time.

We have been evaluating various Git management as a bridge between Git and SVN. It's now in phase 2 and the contenders are Stash and GitLab. I understand Crucible offers a much broader set of functionalities, but that may be later. For now I have to make a case or even a projection for Stash in the context of code review.

There's an unanswered question by Andrew Morin here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/129486/git-stash-vs-git-fisheye-crucible

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Hi Tosak,

Ahh. Yes, comment on commits is something that we're very keen to do at some point. You may want to vote and watch the following:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2511

As mentioned above, you can definitely create a PR in Stash for an individual commit, but you will need to create a temporary branch to facilitate that.

Cheers,

Charles

Deleted user August 15, 2013

Just went there to review the comments. Thanks Charles.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Hi Tosak,

I'm curious what you mean by code review? Do you want to be able to review arbitrary changesets? Or is it something else?

One option would be to use both Stash and Crucible, the latter has a more estabilished and mature code review experience.

If your biggest problem is just reviewing arbitrary commits, have you thought about creating temporary branches so that you can open a pull request? If the commits are not sequential you would have to cherry-pick them to a temporary branch. I can go into more detail if that doesn't make sense.

Sorry I can't give you a straight answer, it partly depends on what you mean by review. We certainly plan to enrich pull requests over time to make it as awesome as we can.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events