Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash branch permissions are not working

mlallan1307 August 28, 2015

Under the: settings > "branch permissions" section of our repo I setup permissions on the master branch so that only one user has write permissions. I also checked the boxes for "Prevent rewriting history", "Prevent branch deletion", and "Prevent changes without a pull request". The permission is setup using the branch name, not any wildcards.

Under the "hooks" section I also have "Reject Force Push" enabled.

Despite these settings any user and push to the master branch from their local copy of the repo. They can also force push and force push a previous commit (removing the latest commits).

Stash is V3.11.2 (Updated today, this issue also occurred in V3.10.2)

Any ideas as to why Stash is ignoring these settings? This is a serious issue for us.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mlallan1307 September 3, 2015

Thanks to Ben at Atlassian Support! He was able to identify that the hooks were not executable in the stash repo.

Answer:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Git+hook+scripts+are+not+executing

1 vote
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2015

Hi Mike,

It sounds like the pre-receive hooks in your repository are not triggering correctly. If the repository that Stash maintains on disk has been modified by hand (e.g. the contents of the .git/hooks directory have been modified) you may see issues like this.

Regardless, I'd raise a support request in the Stash project at https://support.atlassian.com and our awesome support engineers will be able to take a closer look and help you out.

cheers,

TIm

mlallan1307 August 28, 2015

Unfortunately I don't believe that is the issue as it is still true when it is a new clone of the repo and the hooks directory is untouched. I didn't see a Stash option on the support page but I created one under JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events