Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash backup using Stash Backup Client

Ivan Varbanov October 29, 2013

Hello all,

I have Stash + MySQL + AD setup. I'm looking for way to backup Stash. Will Stash Backup Client will make backup of my mysql db or it will backup only stash home + stash internal database? I read the docs but I'm not sure if it will backup the mysql db. Can you please clarify on this?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Ivan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2013

We use the Backup Client internally for backups of our Stash servers and for synchronising our test server with the production server (restore the backup to a different database and home directory). I'd advise you to regularly verify that the backups are correct by restoring them to a different environment. Trust but verify, I'd say :)

Nordstrom Git Admins January 7, 2014

Any solutions on preventing outages during backups?

Brent P
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2014

We intend to improve the backup client to allow for scripted backups with the potential for significantly reduced downtime. This would be achieved by taking advantage of database/filesystem snapshots and/or iterative copying (such as rsync) that may be available in the underlying storage infrastructure.

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2013

Ivan,

The Stash Backup Client creates a dump of the data in your database, regardless of the database type. So it will make a backup of your MySQL database and Stash home.

Cheers,

Michael

0 votes
Ivan Varbanov October 29, 2013

Thank you Michael. Can I rely only on Stash Backup Client as a backup solution? I mean can I trust him? I'll create backups every night and every week I will make manual restoration of the backup so to be sure my backups are all right. Just want to hear oppinions on backup strategies.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events