Stash and Crowd

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

We're experimenting with setting up Stash and want to use it with Crowd. So far so good, but I am concerned that I think I've found a bit of a showstopper that might mean we have to look at an alternative solution ...

The issue we've got is around the username. Because our authentication platform has to support external as well as internal users, I've adopted email addresses as the value for "cn" in LDAP and firstname.lastname as the value for "uid" in LDAP. These map onto "User Name Attribute" and "User Name RDN Attribute" in Crowd.

This works really well with JIRA and Confluence but I think is going to be a bit of a problem with Stash because the Stash URLs have the username in them, like this:

http://philip.colmer%40linaro.org@its.git.linaro.org:7990/scm/it/fred.git

and what the users are used to is something more like:

http://philip.colmer@its.git.linaro.org:7990/scm/it/fred.git

This is a bit optimistic of a question but are there any solutions to this, e.g. an add-on or similar?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Hi Philip,

I'm not sure whether it's feasible to you, but in Crowd you can define user aliases for application. Possibly it can solve this problem.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2013

Hi Tiago

We did consider the use of aliases but felt that the additional admin overhead of having to set the alias when a new user starts or when someone's name changes could become problematic.

I think we've shelved the possible use of Stash, for now at least.

Thanks.

Philip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events