Stash User Management

Vishal Rekala October 7, 2013

Hi there -

We are using Stash - 2.4 and Jira-6.0.
We are using Atlassian JIRA User Directories for synchronizing accounts from JIRA to Stash. But I see a problem here.

We have everyone in the team/project use JIRA but not everyone will use stash. We are using 47 out of 50 licenses. Since stash is being synchronized from JIRA, stash is also using up same number of licenses as JIRA.

The 47 licenses in JIRA includes Project managers, documentation, marketing folks. In reality they don't actually contribute/develop code. So my question is that, Is it possible to use same JIRA authentication with stash and not synchronize all the groups from JIRA to stash?

I just need to synchronize DEV group(assuming DEV group exist in JIRA).

Thanks,
Vishal

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2013

Hi Vishal,

You can use the JIRA user directory for your Stash users without giving everyone access to Stash. Stash only allows users that have the 'Stash User' permission to access Stash and only these users will count for your Stash license.

The easiest way to get this going is to create a separate group in JIRA for your developers (e.g. 'stash-users' or 'devs'). Then in Stash go into Administration > Global Permissions and grant the 'Stash Users' permission to this group. Finally, revoke the 'Stash Users' permission from the other groups. At this point only the users in your 'devs' group will be able to login to Stash and only these users will count against your license.

Cheers,

Michael

Vishal Rekala October 8, 2013

Thanks Michael, that helped!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events