Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash Tomcat not starting

Brandon Angelakos April 15, 2014

I'm trying to evaluate Stash but can not seem to get it to install/run on my Windows 7 machine. Whenever I try to start I get no hard errors, but the command prompt seems to just sit at INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.52 forever before I eventually kill it. I tried installing on my Mac and was up and running in minutes. Here's my log file:

Apr 15, 2014 5:16:28 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: c:\Stash\lib\native;F:\StashBHSI\lib\native
Apr 15, 2014 5:16:28 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlValidation' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
Apr 15, 2014 5:16:28 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlNamespaceAware' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
Apr 15, 2014 5:16:29 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-7990"]
Apr 15, 2014 5:16:29 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 442 ms
Apr 15, 2014 5:16:29 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startInternal
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Apr 15, 2014 5:16:29 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startInternal
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.52

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2014

Hi Brandon,

It's hard to say what's going wrong based on that log output, but here are some ideas:

Could it be that the user that you're starting Stash as does not have access to the STASH_HOME directory?

Is there any information in your STASH_INST/logs/catalina.out log that could help identify the problem?

Are any logs being created in STASH_HOME/log? If so, do they help identify the problem?

If there's no helpful information in the logs, I'd suggest creating a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.comso we can provide further help.

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events