Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash: Remove a project and/or repository

Mint meail October 1, 2012

I'm new to both Git and Stash. After some experiments with a test project containing two test repositories, I would like to know how to remove an individual repository and/or the entire project from Stash.

I might be overlooking something very simple and obvious, but even when logged in as an administrator, I just cannot find any button for deleting a repository or project.

How can I accomplish this? Or is this something that is just not possible?!?

I'll go get another cup of coffee just to be sure.... ;-O

Many thanks in advance!

Ethan

6 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Mint meail October 1, 2012

Ok, ok I finally found it..

Under <project name> - settings and under <repository name> - settings, there's a delete button to the very right of the screen.

I blame a widescreen monitor which was way to widescreen for the amount of sleep I've had. ;)

Really love the product so far BTW :)

Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear you are liking Stash so far.

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing the information. There is nothing in the documentation (2.3) that tells where it is or where on the screen it is.

0 votes
Justin Yesudasan July 15, 2014

While using stash 3.1.3 had to grant user access to Project Creator Role and able to see settings menu.. Granting user just access to group that had Project Creator role alone did not make settings menu available..

0 votes
afenkner November 8, 2013

@Jeff: The delete button you highlight is a "Move" button in my settings. It only allows me to move repos to projects in which I am an administrator (too bad there isn't a garbage can to move them to). Gabrielle's explanation is most likely the problem, so I will have to contact the sys admin to allow deletes I guess. Thanks to both for your help!

afenkner November 8, 2013

In the mean time I will work around this problem by creating a garbage can project to move dead code to. In all honesty this might be the best way to do it anyhow so we can at least have an archive. I am migrating repos from another host so I am going through some dry runs and making sure the Jenkins jobs still work with the new configuration. This creates some slop that I wanted to get rid of so it's nice and clean when people start using it.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2013

I have an answer for mine (and maybe Al et al). There's a Stash Plugin(Add-on) enabled that hides the delete operation.

0 votes
afenkner November 7, 2013

I'm having the same issue. I would like to delete a repository, I am the project creator and admin but I don't see any way to delete a repository in the repo settings.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2013

Al: Do you see a Delete Repository button under the Settings page of the repository you want to delete?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

I can't see that DELETE button anywhere on the right side. I even tried resizing my screen and zooming out.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2013

Gabrielle: Just to confirm, you're in the settings menu and an administrator for that project/repository?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events