Stash PR showing incorrect sonar stats

Running Stash 3.7.1 with Sonar4Stash plugin 1.5.0, and SonarQube 5.3.

The actual sonar data in the sonarqube database shows a difference of 4 major issues between master and the branch I'm reviewing.  The sonar stats shown on the PR overview page indicate no change in metrics.  Worse, if I refresh the metrics by pressing the button, the title on the metrics show a completely different branch, for a completely unrelated project.  Each time I refresh the stats, I get a different heading.  Randomly, I get the correct heading for the branch being reviewed, but the metrics show no change.  In addition, the new issues do not show in the diff view, and if I refresh sonar in the diff view, I get a warning that there are no sonar issues in the PR.

Looking at the data in SonarQube I see expected metrics, and code coverage, so I'm suspecting an issue between Stash and SonarQube.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Michael,

I was able to reproduce the issue with the wrongly labeled branch name by simulating multiple concurrent requests and observed a race condition. This will be fixed in the next release. If you would like to have this fix earlier, then please open a bug report at https://mibexsoftware.atlassian.net/browse/SONAR and I could attach you a SNAPSHOT to the bug report.

Best regards,

Michael

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the quick response.

https://mibexsoftware.atlassian.net/projects/SONAR/issues/SONAR-55?filter=allopenissues

Will really appreciate the snapshot.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,337 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you