Stash/Bitbucket Clone for Staging environment

Leena Bakshi November 14, 2017

Hi 

We have stash 3.7.2 and I want to create a staging env where I can attempt my upgrade and also I need to integrate this stash instance to my JIRA staging instance so that the integration can be tested. However before I ask for the clone of Stash server and database copy on a different sql server. Can you confirm if I only need to change the database information in stash-config.properties  file  or is there anything else that I need to change in git also. or any other file in stash application server

Also we recently upgraded our git to 2.1.5 from 1.9.5(preview) and stash is still same 3.7.2.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Leena, the short answer is 'Yes'. Keep in mind that it's extremely important that you make sure that your staging environment is not pointing to your production database so I'd recommend that you read How to establish staging server thoroughly, to make sure you don't skip anything important by accident.

Cheers!

Ana

Leena Bakshi November 16, 2017

Thanks Ana for the reply. However the article says specifically that it for bitbucket version 4.0 and later. and when I tried to lookup similar document for stash version 3.7.2 , couldnt find anything. 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi @Leena Bakshi, you're correct. I've been looking for specific documentation for Stash and seems like we don't have it. I've found these two feature requests, but seems like the output was the creation of these instructions for BB Server:

My guess is that since 3.7.2 is such and old version, we just don't have it.

I've been discussing this with the team and they confirmed that the steps to follow are the same :)

Hope this helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events