Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash Administration settings

Henrik Lund September 9, 2012

Hi

I would like to make an unattended installation of Stash 1.2.2 via scripts, so Stash is up and running with the rights settings when starting.

How can I modify the Administration settings in Stash like BaseURL, Database settings. Ldap repository etc. without typing them manually.

Can I modify property file(s) or is there another way ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2012

It is possible to script some of those operations but not all of them.

The database configurations can be set via a properties by following the old documentation. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH011/Connecting+Stash+to+an+external+database. Stash 1.2+ have an in-app database migrator but you can still set up using the old way.

In terms of the BaseURL this cannot be set programmatically short of modifying the database directly

Im not sure able setting up LDAP

Henrik Lund September 10, 2012

hi Jason

If I use the stash-config.properties approach to connect to a database before start. I can change BaseURL, LDAP connection etc, via SQL scripts. As far as I can see these values are in the external database e.g. BaseURL is in APP_PROPERTY table, instance.url prop_key.

Don't you think that will work ?

jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2012

You would be able to set the base url up via the method described. Within setup you are also required to create an admin user and set your license. Neither of these cannot be scripted currently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events