Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash API issue a 401 You are not currently licensed to use Stash. Please contact your administrator to resolve this issue

Julien Vermillard December 17, 2013
bash> curl  -k -u username:***** -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X GET https://stash.xxx.local/rest/api/1.0/projects
{"errors":[{"context":null,"message":"You are not currently licensed to use Stash.\nPlease contact your administrator to resolve this issue.","exceptionName":null}]}%

You need special rights/icense for using the API? I have no license problems in the web UI

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi Julien,

You definitely don't need special rights, although you do need to be a licensed/valid user. Do you get the same error when you fetch from git? If you login to the website again (maybe use a different browser rather than logging out) do you get an error?

Cheers,

Charles

Julien Vermillard December 18, 2013

We have an evaluation license and everything is fine if I disconnect/reconnect on the web UI and I can push using git CLI without troubles.

We have two instance (with evaluation licences), a v2.8.3 everything is fine and a v2.9.4 which produce a 401 error on the API

Found the problem, the right configuration was changed during the two tests, and once the admin fixed it. it's working. Thanks for the support.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

Glad to hear it Julien. We were scratching our heads at that one. :)

0 votes

We have an evaluation license and everything is fine if I disconnect/reconnect on the web UI and I can push using git CLI without troubles.

We have two instance (with evaluation licences), a v2.8.3 everything is fine and a v2.9.4 which produce a 401 error on the API

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events