Stash $10 license, any additional restrictions?

Just wondering if the $10 stash deal has any limits other than the number of users. For instance, Fisheye restricts the number of repositories you can have, impacting the way we structured our repositories (ie. every project in a single repo). The stash dealy doesn't seem to have this limitation so if we switch to using git and stash I suspect we could restructure things. I'd just like to confirm this is in fact the case.

2 answers

1 accepted

No difference - full featured. Per their faq:

A Stash commercial/academic license entitles you to:

• Deploy a single instance of Stash in a production environment accessible by the number of users licensed
  • Perpetual Stash use
  • Software maintenance for 12 months — including all updates and online support (from Sydney, Australia and San Francisco, USA during local business hours)
  • Full source code (under a developer source license which allows for broad customization)

Licensing fees are quoted per total number of 'Stash users'. A Stash user is by definition any user account in the Stash system with the 'use' permission, i.e. anyone who can view the site while logged in.

It's just the number of users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

2,408 views 9 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you