Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify branch permission restrictions on BitBucket

Ali Hashim December 4, 2015

When setting up branch restrictions in BitBucket, the default is "Everyone" eg Prevent changes without a pull request on the develop branch. 

Is there a way to change this so that certain users are allowed to make change without a pull request - eg Jenkins.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2015

Hi @Ali Hashim,

I believe what you are asking for is the feature suggestion in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-7475

I'd encourage you to vote for and read the comments on that issue, they may help you solve your use-case for now.

Better support for adding "exceptions" to branch permissions is something we are definitely considering for the future.

Felix Haehnel
Graduate Developer
Bitbucket Server 

Ali Hashim December 6, 2015

That is exactly what I require. Thanks for pointing out the ticket

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Hi Ali,

I'm not quite sure I fully understand your question, so could you please inform how the permission on the develop branch is currently set?

If you want to set a branch permission over it, but still allow the users/groups in the permission set to write to this branch without a pull request, you can just set the branch permission leaving the Prevent: Changes without a pull request unchecked.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events