Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify assignee during smart commit

Avadoot Nachankar January 20, 2018

During workflow transitions, I want to mention assignee as well.

For example, I'm done with necessary code implementation, and now want to transition my task from "In Progress" to "Code Review". This can be done by:

JIRA-XX #time XXm #comment AA BBB CCCC #code-review

But then, I still have to visit JIRA dashboard only to update assignee to someone else who are suppose to review my code.

Is it possible to do so in above command itself?

JIRA-XX #time XXm #comment AA BBB CCCC #code-review [~ana]

where,

~ana : JIRA's representation for user/member (Ana)

Thank you.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2018

You can't do that, but you can put it in the comment and have them get notified. In theory you could have a post function on the transition which parses the comment and changes assignee, but that would be pretty hacky.

2 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

With the Genius Commits feature of the Better DevOps Automation app you can perfectly do that!

Even better, it allows you to create your own commands!

You could introduce something like:

FOO-123 @code-review Fixed the NullPointerException! ~john.doe

... where the "code-review" command will move FOO-123 to a new status, add the "Fixed the NullPointerException" text as comment and assign the issue to the user "john.doe". You can freely customize your preferred syntax for the command and its parameters and also customize the logic behind the command!

devops-automation-for-jira-commands

Note that it is a Jira app but it integrates with the Bitbucket instance linked to Jira.]

(Disclaimer: I'm a developer in the team that supports this app.)

0 votes
Benjamin Mueller October 12, 2020

Hey together,

you can use the add-on Smart Commits for Bitbucket .

The add-on provides 12 further smart commit actions.

For example: TEST-1 #assignee mueller

Cheers

Benni

0 votes
George Mihailoff January 27, 2019

Interesting. You could use a Jira transition rule that assigns back to a reporter (or some other default logic) when moved to the code review status. You can try workflow triggers https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/configuring-workflow-triggers-935391509.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events