Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourctree trashing my local drive

Christoph Winkler July 23, 2014

if i pushed my branch (project) to bitbucket then my space from my drive c: goes down.... i have a SSD and THIS isn't good for the SSD. where can i find the Folder that source tree worked with. i want to changes this :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christoph Winkler July 24, 2014

I'm not so stupid... my repository is on E: this is a HDD.

I found the Problem.

If i click Push, Sourcetree makes an .hg file in the Temp folder under c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp

so i maked a copy from this folder to e:\new_temp

then i deleted the temp folder (this was hard work, because you can't delete files or folders where other programs work with ;) ) after 3 hours i deleted it

after this i maked a symbolic link to e:\new_temp

if any program write data in c:\user\username\appdata\local\temp it doesn't write it on c: but it write it on e: because of the symbolic link

;)

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

Git and HG store a copy of the entire repository on your local drive. Remote branches are separate from local branches, which is why disk usage goes up when you push.

If you don't like this, move your repository onto a traditional HD instead of drive C.

The data you are looking for will be in a hidden .git or .hg folder in your project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events