Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree not showing avatars from Bitbucket

mitchell_buckley October 3, 2017

I'm using up-to-date Sourcetree on mac (2.6.3 (134)) and have clones of repositories on Bitbucket. The icons for these clones under Local tabs are the default ones and not the avatars. Am I missing something? Can I make those icons show as avatars?

Please excuse if the answer is already existent or obvious.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

There is a known issue with repository avatar fetching from Bitbucket Cloud that we're waiting on a fix for. The workaround is to use the "custom icon" technique we support.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Stefano Falasca January 6, 2018

can you explain better work around ?

thanks

Like # people like this
Brian Herman December 4, 2018

Any news about this? Is there a link to an issue tracker on this?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Stefano Falasca December 29, 2017

I can't undestand why that is possible. Sourcetree is default client for server bitbucket and it not manage avatar set in bitbuket ????!!!!

Ryan Wick July 19, 2019

+1 why does sourceTree even have such a feature if it doesn't work with YOUR own repo. very odd. 

Like # people like this
1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

No, you are not missing something. The avatars for the repositories only lives within Bitbucket, they will not show up in SourceTree, and there is no option to change that in SourceTree.

0 votes
Fernando Magrosoto August 23, 2019

You just put an icon.png file in the root of your project. Restart Sourcetree and voilá!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events