Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree gitflow - finish release merge process

Dmitrij Kultasev November 7, 2017

I would like to send a message to Teams/email using powershell or other dev/scripting language as soon as I finish release using gitflow in SourceTree is there a way to do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Dmitrij, I haven't tried doing that specific example you mentioned, but there's a feature in Sourcetree called Custom actions that allows you to extend SourceTree to work with your own scripts and tools. You can read more about it at Custom actions: more power to you.

Regarding sending the message to Teams/emails, keep in mind that Team accounts no longer have an email address associated to them, so you'll need to message each of the members individually.

Let us know if this helped!

Ana

Dmitrij Kultasev November 7, 2017

@Ana Retamal, does that mean that to be able to have 1 single action to finish release and send the message, then I'll need to re-produce the logic of "finishing release" and add 1 more step to send that message?

Message: I am not interested in sending to specific person, I would like to send message to channel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events