Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree cannot push to Bitbucket: invalid username or password

SATE-Maurizio August 10, 2018

Hi!

Since about 2 weeks, I can't push anything to my Bitbucket repos.

I've tried to delete the credentials from Sourcetree options, tried delete the credentials from the Windows' control panel, tried to create an app password, tried to reset the password of my Atlassian ID, tried to upgrade GIT, tried to downgrade Sourcetree (from the actual 2.6.10 to the old 2.5.5 version).

Nothing changes: form within the option dialog of sourcetree, the program can validate my credentials...

Screenshot 2018-08-10 at 14.56.00.png

...but, when I try to commit or push to bitbucket, I always receive the Invalid username or password message:

fatal: HttpRequestException encountered

remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://<myusername>@bitbucket.org/<myusername>/<myproject>.git/'

Pushing to https://<myusername>@bitbucket.org/<myusername>/<myproject>.git
Completed with errors, see above.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Hi Maurizio!

There’s a bug with Windows Git authentication and Bitbucket. The older version of GCM that shipped with Git has a bug with Bitbucket. It seems to be partially fixed in GCM 1.17.0, but 2FA won't be fixed until 1.17.1.

Our developers have submitted fixes to MS and are waiting for them to ship. We are about to start a private beta with a large amount of change and it will end up bundling the fixes as soon as they are available. This has been completely unexpected and our developers are working hard on it to get it fixed as soon as they can.

Thanks for your support!
Ana

SATE-Maurizio August 20, 2018

Any updates?

I really need to push to my repository!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events