Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree: Authentication failed for Stash

Karim Maassen September 24, 2013

I try to connect to our Stash with my Sourcetree, but it says the authentication failed. My username & password are correct though!

It says:

The following errors were encountered:

Authentication failed for Stash with username [my username] - please check your account settings.

Any ideas? Or is this a (known) bug?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karim Maassen September 28, 2013
Karim Maassen October 15, 2013

Resolved by the good people of Atlassian.

1 vote
Phillip Wilkie October 1, 2013

I am having the same issue. The URL is coirrect the username and password are correct as I use it everyday. In the edit hosting account I hae selected stash, entered the internal URL which I access via a browser without any issues, entered my username

0 votes
sunk818 April 21, 2016

Went to 1.6.15 SourceTree beta hoping this Authenticate error would go away. It wants to authenticate every 10 minutes. Very annoying.

160421-09-01.jpg

sunk818 January 19, 2017

Still an issue for me, I'm on 1.9.10.0 of SourceTree now. I'd understand if this was someone else's product, but Stash is their own product. You'd think the integration between their own products wouldn't be an issue. 

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2015

Anyone coming across this thread, being on version 1.6.24 of SourceTree, this version also has a similar bug that was raised here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-3944 

0 votes
Karim Maassen October 15, 2013
0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2013

Hi Karim,

Did you have any luck figuring out what was the problem? If you get stuck please don't hestitate to raise a support ticket so we can help you further.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events