Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree won't Cloan Project

Megan Morgan April 9, 2015

I was having problems getting SourceTree to login to Stash after changing the password. After a lot of trouble I just fully deleted the password variables, deleted SourceTree, deleted all file locations on my machine and after restarting the machine reinstalled SourceTree. Now it won't let me clone the Stash project to put it back into SourceTree. It still says that I have a fatal authentication error. When I look the password variables have returned. I think it still uses the old password but I can't convince it to use the new one. It won't prompt me for the new password.

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

Update/remove your stored passwords at Tools\Options\Authentication. Once you have the correct one, everything should work fine.

Megan Morgan April 12, 2015

I did that, Let me list the steps that have tried in order:

Deleted the passwords.

Deleted every reference to all projects.

Uninstall SourceTree.

Delete any reference to SourceTree from the computer.

(Now it should be gone)

Install SourceTree.

Old bad passwords are back.

Cloning from Git, removed the reference to my id to force password request.

If it requests my credentials, it fails. If not it still says fatal authentication.

I have also tried getting the SSH key to load the project. This just says that the filepath is invalid. I have verified that it is in a new folder, so there's not a conflict. It doesn't matter where I try to put the project, everything says bad file path.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2015

Is it possible that the location where the Sourcetree configuration is is read only for some reason? (Really strange that the deleted credentials come back...)

Megan Morgan April 13, 2015

I was able to fix it. I'm sure it was overkill, but the only way I was able to get it to work was to delete every spec of SourceTree from the computer. This included every folder, file, and reference to it. I went through the registry keys and removed it from there. Every install file, upgrade file, ext. once EVERYTHING was deleted/uninstalled, I could unlock GIT (if the password had locked), restart the computer twice, then reinstall. Now it is working. This entire process included 8 password changes to my account. Unlocking GIT every 5-10 minutes. 1 weeks time. 3 calls to tech support. 15 hours of multiple other people with ideas, and 1 chat room. This problem plagued many in my building. Any problem this complex should have a fix already and not make the users suffer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events