cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • SourceTree: how do i fix this error when submitting a pull request: "You don't have any remotes which have extended integration settings configured"

SourceTree: how do i fix this error when submitting a pull request: "You don't have any remotes which have extended integration settings configured"

Kevin Johnson December 9, 2015

From the menu I select Repository, then Create Pull Request. It displays this dialog box:

image2015-12-9 15:46:37.png

Bitbucket is hosting my repository.

5 answers

1 accepted

19 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Johnson December 11, 2015

Found it.
Click the settings gear icon from the top right of the screen.
The 'Repository Settings' window is presented. Select your remote repository and press 'edit'.
The 'Remote Details' window is presented. Update:
URL / Path: update it to your remote git repo.
Set Host Type. In my case, it was 'Stash'.
Host URL: set it to my internal Bit Bucket host: http://bitbucket
Username: <your username>
This seems redundant since very similar data was alread entered in the 'Edit Hosting Account' window in my earlier comments.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015

Thanks for posting the answer you found.

Fábio Damian April 23, 2018

For me this (unchecking and resetting the external server in the remote details window) solved.

Like # people like this
BrajeshU September 6, 2018

Tq its working now 

gotpewi December 11, 2018

This resolves the pain killing red exclamation mark flashing up in your face when using SourceTree, thanks for sharing the findings!

/Peter

Sami Agr February 5, 2020

Thank you ! 

Eric March 30, 2020

For me... my "Remote Account" was set to Generic Account.  When I switch it to my account, then the Pull Request went through and took me directly to the Bitbucket web interface.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to remember this change.  Everytime I launch Sourcetree, it reverts back to Generic Account.

Like joao_pedro_reis likes this
Stephan Shere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

I have the same problem, also, I cannot click Edit or Sourcetree will crash as well.

It works on the first add, but once I close and re-open ST, the crash is persistent.

6 votes
Samuel Rule August 16, 2017

I had this error appear randomly when it had been working for me before.

Here is the solution that worked for me:

On the settings page just remove the current remote that is there and then add the exact same one again. This must have refreshed it / woke it up and now I have no probelms :)

Alex Ra August 30, 2017

thanks, this method worked for me. had this issue after updating to the latest version

chibizov September 13, 2017

Thanks. The same "refresh" worked for me as well.

Edwin Yearwood March 15, 2018

Cheers,  a nice simple fix.

Joey Dukeminier April 16, 2019

Second this. Deleting and re-adding the same remote worked for me.

Like Craig Stenseth likes this
Stephan Shere
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2020

This works for me as well until I close out Sourcetree, then the same problem persists.

Stephan Shere
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2021

The problem has been fixed in the latest version.

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2015

You have to set up your repo using the "Browse hosted projects" button in the Clone Repository dialog. This should enable Bitbucket's extended integration, including features like Pull Requests.

Kevin Johnson December 10, 2015

Thanks @Seth! I'm using SourceTree Version 1.6.21.0. I think I found a similar button from the main screen after my repository is cloned. On mouse over, the button says: "Show Hosted Repositories". When I click it displays the 'Hosted Repositories" window. From here, I select the row containing the repository I have cloned and press the 'Edit Accounts...' button. This displays the "Hosted Account List". I see the columns Host, Username, Show Private and Protocol. There is one row with the data "Stash", "kjohnso2", "True" and "HTTPS" respectively. If I press the "Edit" button, I see the "Edit Hosting Account" window. Hosting Service is set to "Bitbucket Server". Host URL is "http://bitbucket"; and Username is "kjohnso2". Login Status show a check and "Password OK". There is a list of "Projects to include" and the project containing my repository is in the list. The first time I explored this window, my password was not correct and the Hosting Service was "Bitbucket" which had a Host URL of http://bitbucket.org. I switched the Hosting Service to "Bitbucket Server" and our internal BitBucket URL and set the password. That felt like progress, but after all that I still get the same error when trying to initiate a pull request. I tried cloning my repository again and I think I found the button you mentioned. It is has a globe icon on it. It displays the 'Hosted Repositories' window and I select my hosted repository. Unfortunately, it places an invalid source path URL and the clone button is de-activated.

0 votes
Rosa March 29, 2021

I counldn't solve it with any of the suggestions above.

For me it was an Update problem:

I updated Sourcetree to the latest version in Tools>Options > Updates > Check for updates. Then closed and reopened Sourcetree and problem solve! I was able to do the Pull Request.

0 votes
Valerie Smith February 13, 2017

In case anyone else runs into this problem with Github, like I did...

Some of my repo directories were just fine, but a few of them weren't. After comparing the Settings within Sourcetree, I noticed that sometimes when Github is configured in the 'Remote Details' screen mentioned above, the URL for the working repos was set to https://www.github.com. The incorrect repos had it listed as an uneditable field: https://github.com. After grepping, I came across the file .git/sourcetreeconfig.

I copied the relevant lines in that file over from a working directory:

remoteProjectLink0.identifier=MyOrganization/repoName
remoteProjectLink0.username=myUserName
remoteProjectLink0.baseUrl=https://www.github.com
remoteProjectLink0.remoteName=origin

And now it works.

Kirsten Greed May 31, 2018

I don't have any of those settings in my sourcetreeconfig

Where should I be putting the code?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RepositoryCustomSettings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<AutoRefresh>true</AutoRefresh>
<AutoRefreshRemotes>true</AutoRefreshRemotes>
<DraftCommitMsg />
<IncomingSavedCount>0</IncomingSavedCount>
<LastCheckedRemotes>2018-06-01T08:02:53.4757963+10:00</LastCheckedRemotes>
<LastUsedView>Log</LastUsedView>
<LogBranchFilterIndex>0</LogBranchFilterIndex>
<OutgoingSavedCount>1</OutgoingSavedCount>
<SidebarExpandedItems>
<string>File Status</string>
<string>Branches</string>
</SidebarExpandedItems>