SourceTree does not pull down most recent commits (git-svn)

Todd Prouty February 6, 2012

I am using SourceTree to connect to a remotely hosted SVN repo via SSH. It appears to clone the repo into Git as expected, but it's not pulling down all commits. In log view the latest commit (showing the git-svn and master branch indicators) is from three months ago, but there have actually been commits this week. Pulling or fetching indicates that the repo is up to date. Any idea what might cause this?

I'm using 1.3.0 on OS X 10.6.8.

EDIT: Human error, I grabbed the wrong (but very similar) repo URL. D'oh!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Todd Prouty February 7, 2012

This was actually my mistake. I grabbed the wrong, but very similar, repo URL. No wonder it didn't work!

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

It depends on where you're cloning from in the svn tree, since you can point git-svn at either the root (assuming that the svn repo has the standard trunk/branches/tags layout) or from a specific branch or even folder within the svn repo. Perhaps the more recent commits are on a branch outside of where you cloned from?

The SVN repo has the standard trunk/branches/tags directory structure, and I'm pulling from trunk as I have successfully with other client software and the CLI. I will pull down the whole repo and see if I get all revisions. Any other thoughts on why this might be happening?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

I'd need to see some more context really, I have a couple of test svn sources I use and I've never seen that happen before. For example here's a git-svn repo where I haven't pulled the latest yet (but because of SourceTree's auto-fetching it has already fetched them) - these commits have gone in to svn from other test git-svn repositories and even at least one from a hgsubversion repo, this is what it should look like: http://cl.ly/1Z0O2P3f0101063V3g1j . I pulled just after this and everything updated as expected.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you're pulling from the 'Subversion' remote. If you've added other remotes, especially one called 'origin' then SourceTree would be defaulting to that.

I hate to say it, but it was human error. My client has two repos with very similar URLs and I grabbed the wrong one! What a rookie move. Thanks for your help anyway, Steve.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2012

Glad you got it sorted out!

(and don't feel bad, I've done exactly the same thing before ;))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events