SourceTree diff between two commits

bhuwan agarwal February 20, 2014

I am a newbie using Git and SourceTree. I would like to understand how can I use SourceTree to view differences between two different commits. The two commits can be on the same branch or on different branches.

Also explanation of diff parent vs diff merge in the diff view.

2 answers

5 votes
Y August 7, 2018

Here is a much better solution :

From the "Log / History" tab, select the two commits ( Ctrl + left click ) and will siply display the diff

Hope that helps

Carlo Marasco August 8, 2018

Legend, so simple

Deleted user March 20, 2019

This approach works to display the differences, I would like to produce an annotated report, a document or file, in the end, itemizing the changes by file. It would also be nice to attribute the change by commit and by the author.

wangdu1005 May 19, 2019

you are my angle

0 votes
Antoine Cœur June 4, 2014

Diff vs parent: the diff with the previous commit in the same (HEAD) branch

Diff vs merged: the diff with the previous commit in the other (merged) branch

By Z February 24, 2015

Where is the option in SourceTree? I hightlighted two separate commit and I don't see any option to do that. Thanks.

a7madgamal August 5, 2015

I have the same question!

Antoine Cœur August 5, 2015

1. From one commit, right-click the other commit and select Merge... 2. Untick "Commit merged changed immediately". 3. Compare using Diff vs parent and Diff vs merged. 4. When you are happy, right-click on "Working Copy", select Reset..., select Reset All, click Reset All

Diff vs parent and Diff vs merged are available after a Merge, when selecting a file and clicking the "settings-like" button which is right from the search bar on top right of the diff.

Diff vs parent and Diff vs merged are available after a Merge, when selecting a file and clicking the "settings-like" button which is right from the search bar on top right of the diff.

a7madgamal August 5, 2015

thanks a lot for your answer But I think it should be easier and less risky than this simply selecting the 2 commits right clicking and Diff or something!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events