SourceTree: Stuck in "Graft in progress" loop (hg)

Catherine Wise March 20, 2012

I am using SourceTree's Mercurial to interact with a SVN server (which is old, senile and not under my control). I had a conflict at one point which I was trying to resolve. I attempted to graft my (local) Mercurial branch to the SVN head. This gave me some warning about it being dangerous, so I cancled the process. I then stripped the local branch, switched to the SVN head and made some more local changes.

Now, when I try to commit, SourceTree complains that I have a graft in progress. If I chose Abort, it reverts all my local uncommited changes. If I chose Continue, it says

hg graft -y --continue 
skipping ancestor revision 142
Completed with errors, see above

and next time I try to commit it complains that I still have a graft in progress. However, if I run

/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/hg_local commit -u username

in the repo folder, it happily commits and I can then go to SourceTree and Push. But regardless of what I commit at the terminal, SourceTree is convinced I have a graft in progress.

How can I tell SourceTree that, no, I really don't have a graft in progress, shutup and just commit.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2012

This warning is triggered by the presence of a file called '.hg/graftstate' in your repository. This file is usually cleaned up by Mercurial when you finish a graft. Is the file empty?

Catherine Wise March 21, 2012

Nope, it's got some hash value in it. Since I'm pretty confident the graft didn't really happen, I'll just delete it. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events