Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: How do I connect a local clone with a remote repo on Stash with SSH

Benjamin Debeerst March 12, 2014

I work with Atlassian Stash to host Git repositories. SourceTree is very handy to look at my local clones and manage them.

I now discovered the "Hosted repositories" feature of SourceTree, which fetches and lists all repos within a Stash project and allows to create local clones. Hurray! However, I already have local clones of most repos. SourceTree offers to open an existing clone. If I do that I get the following error:

Remote details do not match
There is no remote defined in the repository you selected that matches the incoming remote project details. If you definitely want to associate this repository with this remote link that pleas edit the remote details on your repository to match.

But what are these "remote details" that should "match"? I tried renaming the remote, to `origin` or `stash` instead of the `central` I usually like to use. None of that works. But since SourceTree does not provide any details on what it is comparing, I have no chance of updating my setup.

I finally realized that I use ssh to access Stash, so my local clones have an ssh remote configured. How can I make SourceTree do the following alltogether:

• load the list of hosted repos on Stash
  • use ssh to push/pull etc.
  • connect the local clone and the remote repo in SourceTree

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

SourceTree can usually infer the link from your hosted projects accounts if the hosts match up, but you can specify it manually via Settings (top right toolbar). Edit the remote and you can fill in the bottom section to provide the Stash root URL & username, if it wasn't automatically derived.

Benjamin Debeerst March 13, 2014

The URLs I would expect to show up look exactly like the ones that are depicted in your screenshot, however, no automatic inferation happenend for me. What must I do to convince SourceTree to infer the https URL from the ssh:7999 URL which is set in the configured remote? I don't want to update the settings for each of the projects manually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events