Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree + Bitbucket = HTTP code 405

Henrik Hermansson February 4, 2014

Dear all,

I've just reinstalled SourceTree after some annoying connection problems between SourceTree and Bitbucket (they seem to be resolved). Now it seems I've found a new type of error and would much appreciate your help, since I can't figure out what to do. At pushing my committed changes to the repo I get the following error message:

--

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags origin [BRANCHNAME]:[BRANCHNAME]

Pushing to https://[ACCOUNT]@bitbucket.org/[USER]/[REPONAME].git

fatal: unable to access 'https://[ACCOUNT]@bitbucket.org/[USER]/[REPONAME].git/': Received HTTP code 405 from proxy after CONNECT

Completed with errors, see above.

--

I'm running SourceTree version 1.4.1.0 and Windows 7.

Thanks a million in advance!

Henrik Hermansson

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Henrik Hermansson February 5, 2014

Dear Aafrin,

Thanks for your help! I was able to solve the issue by a bit of experimenting. Apparently, unchecking the "Add proxy server configuration to Git / Mercurial" under the Options/Network tab did the trick.

Thanks again!

Henrik

upendramanve July 14, 2015

same here

0 votes
AafrinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

Hi Henrik,

Can you verify that you are able to reach out the remote repository by running the git-ls-remote using the git command line from your machine not the built in git command line tool inside the SourceTree.

If you are able to get reponse from the git command line, the problem would be with your firewall settings that preventing from the files being pushed to the remote repositiory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events