Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonar4BitBucket - outdated documentation?

Manuel Kummerländer March 10, 2016

Hello guys,

we use Sonar for Bitbucket Server, Version 1.6.0 (Bitbucket v4.4.1). In our Pull Requests we something I can not find anywhere in your documentation. I expect a diff between the issues of my branch and the target branch, but I get only data that lead me to the target branch. This is not as useful as the diff we had before ...

Please explain for me what I see here or guide a blind man through the documentation wink. Thanks!

sonar-for-bitbucket.png

Kind regards
Manuel 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Hi,

Please excuse my late reply. I don't get notification e-mails from Atlassian Answers anymore since a couple of weeks and I don't know why.

You're right, since version 1.6.0 we only show the statistics of the source branch of the pull request. We decided to change this to be consistent with the metrics that are shown in SonarQube. It caused a lot of confusion when we e.g. showed a different amount of new issues in the plug-in than SonarQube did.

One reason for this change was that we are not always able to correctly count the number of resolved issues with the SonarQube API, so if you add 3 new issues in a branch and resolved 2 old ones, we are not aware of the 2 resolved issues without comparing the metrics of the source with the ones from the target branch (which again caused some issues because not in every case has the target branch been analyzed already when opening a pull request).

What we could do is to make the number of new issues by severity available in the statistics (new in terms of issues found in changed/new lines in the diff). This is the number we also show in the issue overview dialog. This will not include removed issues, so it will not be a real delta between the source/target branch, but instead just the number of added issues. Would that be of interest for you? If yes, could you please open a feature request at https://mibexsoftware.atlassian.net/browse/SONAR/ ? We could also make this configurable so if you are interested in the old metrics based on the diff of the source and target branch, you could still have them as before 1.6.0.

Thanks,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events