Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has already registered that SSH key after account merge Atlassian

fenke-whysor June 13, 2017

After merging my bitbucket and atlassian account I can't add my machine's SSL key because bitbucket comes back with: Someone has already registered that SSH key.

How can I access this key - should I have to remove or change it

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 5, 2017

[]

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Hi Frans! I saw that you already have an SSH key added to your Bitbucket account, if you're trying to add the same one you'll get an error.

If you want to remove or add a new SSH key, you can navigate to Avatar > Bitbucket settings > SSH keys. For more information you can read Set up SSH for git.

Hope this helps :)

Ana

fenke-whysor June 15, 2017

Thank you.

The key that is visible is a key GitKraken generated that I added after the merge.

The problem is that since the atlassian and bitbucket accouns were merged, the old ssh keys, those that were added to the bitbucket account before the merge, are no longer visible, or useable, but I can not add that key again.

Edit: I created a new key for Sourcetree and added it and that one works. I am not quite happy with so many keys around - and I imagine this might affect other users as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events