Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.

dustinosthzn June 5, 2022

Hi,

Trying to add an ssh key to my user profile after adding to repository.  I did delete the ssh key from my repository, but I am still getting the following error when trying to add a new ssh key to my user profile

Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.

Regards

Dustin Oosthuizen

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is what it says it is.  You've already added the key with a different account.  You'll need to create a new key for your new account (and stop sharing keys across accounts)

dustinosthzn June 6, 2022

Thanks for your response.

In the original post I did say that I added the key on a repository, and then tried to add it to my profile.  I did not use this key on multiple accounts.  I do not share keys accross accounts.  I added a key to the repository directly, after realizing that I can only read and not commit, I deleted the key on the repository level and tried to add it to the profile level, which is my profile and this is the error message I am getting.  For some reason it does not pick up that I have deleted the key on the repository.  Why is this?  Can you delete the key so I can add it to my profile?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events