Smart Commit JIRA/Bitbucket

Michael Schumann February 15, 2016

I have set up JIRA and Bitbucket on my server and connected them. Commiting to Bitbucket with issue IDs does show up as commits in the corresponding JIRA issue but the commands are not recognized. I tried thinks like 

#close TEST-1

Test-1 #close Is resolved

and many other combinations and keywords. As the issue IDs are recognized I mus miss something else. Perhaps the reason is that I have set up both in German language? Are the commands language dependent? Is there anything to be set up?

The Versions are Bitbucket 4.3.2 and JIRA 7.1.0

Thanks for Help!

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Schumann February 15, 2016

Thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunately I cannot get it up and running.

I checked that all EMail Adresses of my user (currently admin) are the same in Bitbucket, JIRA and TortoiseGit. Again, all commits to the repository having the issue-id (here: TEST-1) in the commet get addedd to the commits shown in Jira. But not transition happens (I use the standard scheme where all states can be reached from every state). I tried

TEST-1 #close fixed it

Also using

TEST-1 #comment this is a comment

does not create a comment, It is again shown in the commits of the issue in JIRA like all the others. I must have forgotten to configure something.

15-02-_2016_16-34-39.jpg 

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016

Hi Michael,

Since some configuration must be done to have this working, I'd recommend you to review the documentation about the usage and configuration of Smart Commits in JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/processing-jira-software-issues-with-smart-commit-messages-298979931.html. Besides describing the functionality, it links to specific documents for enabling this on JIRA side - please double check all the necessary configuration is enabled.

Some points you need to make sure:

• DVCS Smart Commits are enabled
  • The user performing the smart commit has proper permissions to transition the JIRA issue
  • The JIRA issue is in a status which can be transitioned to the one you're trying to transition, according to its workflow

In case you believe this is properly configured and further tests and troubleshooting are necessary, you may also open a support case in https://support.atlassian.com.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events