Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping Crowd SSO in Bitbucket

Fbusc February 2, 2018

Hello, sso works from bitbucket 5.2.3 to crowd 3.0.2, but it does not work from crowd 3.0.2 to bitbucket 5.2.3.

SSO works for all the other applications(JIRA; CONFLUENCE, BAMBOO)

I think that the  bitbucket.properties file is well configured

# Whether SSO support should be enabled or not. Regardless of this setting SSO authentication 
# will only be activated when a Crowd directory is configured in Bitbucket Server that is configured 
# for SSO.
plugin.auth-crowd.sso.enabled=true

logging.logger.com.isroot.stash.plugin=DEBUG

#migrate from 4.4.1
server.context-path=/bitbucket
server.proxy-name=code.doxee.com
server.proxy-port=443
server.redirect-port=443
server.scheme=https
server.secure=true.

In the log of BitBucket, I see this line:

2018-02-02 10:54:59,136 DEBUG [http-nio-7990-exec-8] @1X22WLIx654x15x1 10.230.2.143,10.228.33.10 "GET /rest/menu/latest/appswitcher HTTP/1.1" c.a.b.i.c.s.CrowdSsoAuthenticationHandler Skipping Crowd SSO as the request is using a domain which is not configured for SSO.

But the domain is ok for all the other application(JIRA;CONFLUENE; BAMBOO)

What is the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Anton Shaleev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

Hi Fabrizio

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with CROWD SSO in Bitbucket.

If I understood you correctly it worked before but not after the upgrade (i believe you've confused versions in the description).

In order to troubleshoot the issue you need to check two following thing first:

1. The SSO domain is correctly configured and includes Bitbucket Server base URL
  2. As I can see from bitbucket.properties you're running Bitbucket behind the reverse proxy. Please confirm that the reverse proxy is added to Trusted proxies in CROWD

Let me know if you have any issues with the mentioned checks or you have an issue with everything is set correctly.

Please also note that Bitbucket does not support currently SSO for git operations over HTTPS.

Anton

Fbusc February 2, 2018

I perfomed the the two ckecks. Both of them are ok, but the issue with CROWD SSO is still present.

Anton Shaleev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

OK, then one more thing to check.

Can you share the base URL of CROWD and Bitbucket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events