Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question on groups management

Mario Rincon September 21, 2015

Hello. My company is migrating from GitHub to Stash.

I think that for management purposes it would be nice if regular users (project creators)  could create groups or at least add other users to a group. Otherwise, the management of groups is confined to the administrators of Stash.

I see that regular users (project creators) cannot add users to a group. Only administrators can. Is that right?

What can I do? I don't want administrators to be the bottleneck in the process of giving permissions (we only have 3 administrators of Stash).

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Whitman September 21, 2015

This is something I would like to see as well. An addition complication is that if you are using a read-only user directory such as an LDAP or AD connection then you can't create Groups in the Stash user directory, even as an administrator, if any of the members of the group come from the read-only directory.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

I have raised this concern with Atlassian (I can't find the ticket in my queue) and they said they are not implementing the feature where in project admins can manage 'groups' which is limited to system admins. You may want to create another ticket for them and see if they budge this time.

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

You can make a user a "Project Administrator".  They can then add users or groups to have permissions on those projects.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

I think Mario is asking on how to manage the 'groups' per se, not manage the project permission using groups. Unless I misunderstood it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events