Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we still use BitBucket Server

Brando February 4, 2021

Hello,

My team and I currently use BitBucket Server (stash) to host our source code.  I want to integrate more automation into our software development.  I see that BitBucket Cloud has their own CI software (pipelines) that come with the product.  But I also see that BitBucket Server v7.10 can incorporate Builds via Jenkins and Bamboo integration.  Knowing that BitBucket Server is approaching End Of Support, I am wondering if it is a safer bet to migrate to Cloud than to purchase Jenkins and stay on the server software. 

Best,

Brando

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Brando ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It really depends on many factors...

Yes, there will be no Bitbucket server in the future (are you aware that there is also DC version?), but there's still a lot of time to think about it.

You should definitely invest to the analysis, discuss this with your team and compare all the possibilities:

• Which are the functionalities you really need? Are there any functionalities you are missing now?
  • Which possibilities are suitable in your situation? 
  • If you decide to migrate, how much work it will take? When do you want to do it? Do you have time/resources for it?
  • How much money can you invest in this solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events