Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a remote repo from bitbucket to sourcetree?

Trevor Stull October 15, 2016

Kind of hard to explain as a question, this is my first time using a version control system. I have followed the directions correctly have my local copy, the master on sourcetree, and the remote on bitbucket. Now I want to give others access to that repo, and from what I understand there is no way to do that in sourcetree so I gave them write permissions on Bitbucket and got the fetch checkout command that I think they use or do they use that?

Basically how do you take the remote repo and give them a copy to put on sourcetree?

here is the command that they copy i believe but where do they use this to get access to the repo in sourcetree

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

They need a git clone command, which they can get for themselves when they log in to bitbucket.

Alternatively, with SourceTree, they can enter their Bitbucket credential directly into SourceTree, then browse their available repos and click a button to clone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events