Setting up Bitbucket Deployments Feature

alexymik December 11, 2017

Hi,

I am attempting to set up the alpha Bitbucket Deployments feature.

I have the following in my bitbucket-pipelines.yml in the master branch, following the documentation example:

pipelines:
default:
[...]
- step:
name: Deploy to test
deployment: test
trigger: manual
script:
- chmod +x deploy_staging.sh && ./deploy_staging.sh

However, when I go to the Deployments page on the project I still see the introductory text:

1. Add deployment: test to the step in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file that deploys 
    to your test environment.
  2. Run your pipeline.
  3. Once the deployment step is in progress, it will show up here.

I am confused on how to invoke this pipeline now as before it was set up as a custom pipeline that could be manually triggered by a specific commit.

How can I properly set up this feature and invoke the pipeline with the 

trigger: manual

setting?

Thanks for any assistance.

1 answer

0 votes
alexymik December 11, 2017

Ok, I've figured it out. 

In my bitbucket-pipelines.yml I had all three environments set under the default step. Only one deployment is allowed here.

The instructions on the Deployments page are also a bit misleading since it is implied a "test" deployment is required when this is not the case.

All three environments are present in the instructions article for setting up the deployment - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/bitbucket-deployments-940695276.html

Which further adds to the confusion.

Is there any way to set up a choice as to which environment the current commit can be deployed to, or will we have to keep separate bitbucket-pipelines.yml in each branch?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events