Setting Pipeline Environment Timezone

Is there a way to change the default timezone of the pipeline environment ? I have a bunch of complex unit tests which are tied into a GMT/BST locale and I don't want to have to put conditional logic in to switch assertions based on environment. Ideally there'd be a pipeline config switch to override the basic UTC timezone?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Stewart! 

The pipelines build environment relies on the Docker Image that you're using. Hence, you'd either need to modify the docker image that are using or configure bitbucket-pipelines.yml to run a command to change the timezone

There's an example on how to change the timezone on Pipelines
Bitbucket-pipelines.yml, you can see it at

You can also see the output of the Pipelines build at!/results/%7B106976a6-552b-4907-9ef4-e35504bb3998%7D

Hope this helps :) 

Ana, many thanks for the response and yes it nails the issue. I guess my path to pipelines had circumvented the docker config - but your explanation is entirely logical and has resolved the matter completely. Big thanks, Stew

That's great to hear, Stew :) Glad I could help!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,230 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot