Server recommendations for installing Stash

Nick Glavin January 1, 2013

I am wondering if there some recommendations on web servers that would be able to run stash well of a small startup <10 users repository approx 50mb.

We are a remote team so require some kind of cloud hosting at minimal cost.

I am currently using bit bucket and thats great althought it doesn't seem to have user permissions for branches only individual repositories.

Also have been looking at appfog is it possible to use this for stash ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2013

Hi NickG,

Currently Stash requires a supported version of Git to be installed on the server. AppFog isn't really suitable as I don't think it allows you to customise your environment to the extent of installing git. Another hitch is that we don't really support WAR deployments of Stash in application servers other than the Tomcat instance that's bundled in the Stash distribution, as we've done some customisation of the Tomcat configuration.

For the time being I'd recommend using AWS or another VPS provider for hosting your own Stash instance in the cloud.

cheers,

Tim

1 vote
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Hey,

Try taking a look at the documentation below:

Here you will be able to see all the supported platforms for Stash and check what does it need to work.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events