Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server licence versus Datacentre licence

daveryan66 April 15, 2021

Hmm not sure why I have to ask a community - I would rather speak to someone who works for the company selling the software.

Anyway lot of blurb about it but nothing clear about the differences even checking prices I get the Oops message. Can you cut to the chase?

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2021

Hi,

Keep in mind that you can no longer purchase Server licenses as we announced the end of Server license sales earlier: https://www.atlassian.com/migration/journey-to-cloud

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

daveryan66 April 16, 2021

Yes thank you I saw that and it seems to be confusing our supplier maybe it was lost in translation.

Certainly the explanation about the differences were not clear on the front pages and the pricing web page didn't work - may be this is deliberate to be more persuasive about the Cloud. I am not sure what IT managers are about multiple cloud services.

I would say I try to avoid Cloud based products and Community based support

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

The pricing pages work fine for me, what page were you looking at and what errors did you see?

daveryan66 April 19, 2021

I can see the pricing now. Before I had the Oops message - not quite sure how I got there as I don't see a direct link to a comparison between Server and data centre but found a separate link and can see it is a change from $10 to $1600  for a data centre license.

Anyway I can also see I have some time before I need to make the should I stay or should I go decision - so thanks for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

There's a big discrepancy there because Server licences start at $10 for 10 users, but the cheapest DC licence is for 500 users

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021
daveryan66 April 16, 2021

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events