Send mail on commit

Christian Wawrzinek July 23, 2012

Hello,

I would like to send an email to a group upon commiting. For example all developers should be informed that a new version has been commitet.

I am unable to find that setting anywhere.

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2012

Stash currently doesn't have this functionality. There is an open feature request you can vote on at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2556.

Alternatively this could be implemented as a plugin for Stash relatively easily.

Mark Petrovic July 19, 2013
Hi. Not having a builtin commit-email feature in Stash makes it less than desirable to move to Stash. I know I can write such a plugin, but the feature is so commonly desired that it should be builtin. The issue above has 50+ votes from the community. Does Atlassian intend to implement this feature?
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2013

Hi Mark. When choosing which features to implement we take into account a lot of factors. Votes and comments on feature requests are one aspect. That said we have been listening. Over the last 4 months/releases we've implemented many of the top voted features.

In terms of commit notifications as mentioned above this functionality can be implemented entirely as a plugin by the community. In fact Notifyr is exactly that. It is a commerical plugin but has a 30 day free trial.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events